Saturday, December 15, 2012

A Napkin Fold Card

Come join us for our
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the Holiday Blog Hop!!! Today's hop is a collection of Holiday (Christmas or New Year) crafts designed by the Bug Bytes Design Team Members. We all take turns designing at The Bug Bytes one day each month, I am on the second Friday of every month. Lisa from Lisa's Craftroom here and this is my very first Blog Hop :)

You should have arrived from the talented Beth's blog. If you found me first, please start at the beginning with our Dear Pam who is the hostess.

Here is my project. I saw this card made by Dawn and I must say, it was pretty easy to make and the results are amazing. She made a 12" x 12" card and I followed along with her and made it, the only thing is, I wanted to make one a little smaller so I decided to make another one at an 8" x 8" size. It worked :) The only thing is, I struggled with trying to figure out the measurements for the triangles to cut out of designer paper and adhere them. I don't know why I have such a hard time with measurements, do they offer classes to learn? LOL :( Well, that will be something to practice more.

Well, let me explain how I made my card. Sorry for being so picture heavy, I just wanted to show each step. I started out with an 8 1/2" x 11" piece of Kraft color cardstock. I cut it 8" x 8". Then scored it on one side at 2" and 6", turned it and scored again at 2" and 6", then folded all the score lines.










Find the middle, which for this card was 4", I put a little dot, then folded up each corner up to the center.










Then you take each triangle and fold them back. See the design so far?


























Now comes the tricky part, you might want to watch Dawn's video on this part because it's kind of hard to explain in writing. You take the middle triangle and as you are folding it in, the left and right side become a square, hopefully you can see what I mean by the picture, do that on both sides.



























I cut Designer paper, I believe the squares were 1 3/4" then cut in half to get 2 triangles, you need 16.









The middle, I cut a piece of Designer paper at 3 3/4" then a piece of cream color at 31/4" as a mat.









This is the band I made out of the same Designer paper to go around the card to hold it in place. I used Emma's circle and scallop stitched dies along with the All Around Christmas stamps for the cute tree. I colored it in with sparkly markers and adhered the circle to the scallop using glue, then used a pop dot to adhere it to the band.






Finally, the inside was stamped using Emma's Just For You stamp set.








All the gals are very talented, so be sure to enjoy each project along the hop! Don't forget to link up your project on Pam's blog.

I will be giving away two punches from Creative Memories, two circle punches in one and two square punches in one, so don't forget to leave a comment. :)
Here is the complete list of blogs in case you found me first:

   Elizabeth www.217Creations.com
Thank you so much for taking the time to hop with us. I hope that we all inspired you to make holiday projects to share with family and friends. Thank you Pam for hosting and thanks to all the Design Team members who made this hop possible :)




























24 comments:

Pam said...

Love this origami folded box card. Lovely sentiment. Great color composition.

Adele Karabadji said...

Love your card project, they are so fun to get creative with :)
TFS
Hugs
Adele

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Lisa your card is wonderful! Love the fold! TFS

Lori Apgar said...

Wow what a fun card!!! I am more of a scrapbooker, but this looks fun to make and to receive! Love the polka dot paper you used!!!

I don't read directions well...never have been able to :) Looking at your triangles, I would have measured one of the outside sides and subtracted 1/4". I would take that measurement and make a square (for example, if the side is 3", I would make a 2.75" square)to cut in half into two triangles. That would leave you 1/8" border. Hope this makes sense. I seem to do way more math crafting than I thought possible :)

ladybugstamper said...

Hi! I really like this origami box, will be giving it a try myself. Thank you for the ideas and inspiration

Michelle said...

Lisa this is adorable - thank you for making it 'picture heavy', I'm a visual learner so it's very helpful to me. I am certainly going to give this card a try.

SherriC. said...

beautiful, i love these unique folded cards, you did a great job, thanks for the instructions.....
brodiec88 at hotmail dot com

KAT said...

very cute. i've made this before, and yes, it 'is' easy. you made it real nice. i'm a follower.

Karon said...

Fabulous Lisa - love it:-) Thanks for the great tutorial. Have a great weekend.

Cropalcoholic!! said...

That is awesome!!!

Cropalcoholic!! said...

That is awesome!!!

Felisa Montee said...

great clear instructions....very cute project

TheTulipCollector said...

You know I am a longtime follower my friend. I still covet and hoard that tulip ribbon you sent me!!! Anyway...I love that card and am going to try it! Our daughter is making my mom an 8x8 album of our grandson (her great grandson) and a card 8x8 would be perfect!!!

Lori Comeau said...

Beautiful job on your card.
http://lorisartsyobsession.blogspot.com/

flowerdisco said...

thank you for the easy tut on your box. it is really pretty.

Lisa said...

Thank you so much ladies for all the wonderful comments :) Thanks Lori for helping with measurements. I really need to practice. :) These comments really made me smile. Linda, thank you my friend. :)

Pam said...

Love this card. I have to make one. Thank you!

Sara Andrews said...

Thanks for the tutorial! Your card is wonderful.

scootingranny said...

I have never seen this fold card before and it is fabulous!

Kards by Kathi said...

You had me at your cat picture. I have to young black cats, Harry and Little Boy who are just under 2 years. So many people do not adopt black cats that when I saw these to guys at the Humane Center that I had to have them. BTW your card is fantastic. Thanks for your time and talent.

Josie0602 said...

Beautiful card and I love the design!

Tracy

Becky said...

Wow! what a great card. The pictures are great to explain this.

MelodyR aka Ry&MysMom said...

What a fun interactive card! I'd like to try this one of these days. Thanks for the instructions. The colors you chose are wonderful.

Jenny said...

Very fun card!!! Thanks for the instructions for this interactive card! TFS