Saturday, August 4, 2012

Peachy Fall Cards










Hi Everyone,

TGIF :) What a long week with this heat and the weekend is going to be hot also.  I hope everyone is doing well. I just wanted to post a couple of cards that I made for a swap. I made 6 of each card. I think they came out so cute. I can't wait to see what I get back. The first card I ran through my cuttlebug with the folder pumpkin harvest. I painted the pumpkins with acrylic paint for something different and used a marker for the vines. I stamped Everyday Character-PK-490 Peachy faces on the pumpkins and used a white gel pen for the eyes and a blush marker for the cheeks and mouth. I stamped the sunflower from Peachy Keens Fall Fun Pumpkins-PK-614 and colored it with markers then stamped a peachy face in the center. I used a punch to punch out leaves and adhered them around the card. I stapled a piece of burlap to the card. I printed out the sentiment from the computer, Minya Nouvelle and punched it out with a punch from Stampin Up, inked it up and used dimensionals to adhere it.

The second card I adhered a ribbon across the card, added a strip of patterned paper to the side. I tied a button with twine from Liz's boutique. I stamped the cute little duck from Peachy Keens Duck Dolls-PK-266, cut him out and popped him up on dimensionals. I used a white gel pen for his eyes, an orange marker for his beak and feet and a blush marker for his cheeks. I stamped the cattails, from Fall Fun Pumpkins-PK-614 over the ribbon but I should have used Stazon ink because the ink bled, so I have these silk leaves that I thought would look so cute so I stamped a cute Peachy face on them and ran them through my Xyron machine and adhered them on top of the cattails but left the bottom so it looked like a plant. I colored that with a marker. Nice save don't you think? :) The sentiment was printed out on the computer, Susie's Hand and I used another Stampin Up punch to punch it out, inked it up and used dimensionals to adhere it.

Also, I want to brag a little, my 19 year old son just got a job and gets paid every two weeks which kind of stinks but I guess you get used to it. Anyway, it was my birthday on Tuesday and I want to thank everyone who wished me a Happy Birthday, it meant a lot. Well my son was heart broken because he wasn't getting his check until today, which meant my gift would be late. I explained that it was fine that it was only three days and it would give me something to look forward to. Well, what a wonderful surprise, my gift from my son was a Kindle ;) I was so happy. How sweet of him. He said I am a wonderful mother and I do so much for him, I deserved it. :) I'm just beaming with pride. He is and always has been a good boy and I love him very much.

Well, I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and I'll see you soon. Thanks for stopping by. It's always a pleasure to see you.

6 comments:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Great cards Lisa... my fav is the pumpkin one... I like that painted look on the card. TFS

Audrey Frelx said...

Lisa, both these cards are just adorable!!! Can't decide on a fav; guess I kind of agree with Sheila but I'm really not leaning towards one more than the other -- love them both!

Lisa said...

Thank you Sheila and Audrey :)

Beebeebabs said...

Tooooo cute thanks for sharing!!!

Lisa said...

Thank you Beebeebabs :)

Karon said...

Hi Lisa - sorry I missed these - they are great. I love how you used the embossing in the first, and then that lovely autumn leaf in the second. Great cards. Congrats on the job for your son, and a belated Happy Birthday to you.

http://karonskraftykorner.blogspot.ca/