Saturday, July 28, 2012

Gypsy Made Simple - Test for Sheila










Hi Everyone,

Hope you are all doing well. I am well except for this heat. I hate to complain because summer is so short but our days here have been so humid and muggy, it's hard to enjoy. I love summer but I like it hot and dry :) Oh well, there is no use in complaining because it's not going to change anything and there are some that have it worse.

Anyway, Sheila has asked us to please link up 3 images welded with a shadow. Pretty easy if you know how to do it and if you don't, check out Sheila's Blog. She shows you how.

My project was made using the Don Juan cartridge for FALL at 3 1/2". The pumpkin and leave are from Gypsy Wanderings at 3".  I didn't put it on a card because it's sort of large, I might just attach a ribbon to it and hang it.

Sheila, I would love to learn how to manipulate shapes into boxes, like when Crystal made those gorgeous boxes out of squares, circles and rectangles. I realize those are more advanced projects. Some cartridges have boxes but it would be nice to be able to utilize the Gypsy to do more. I think it just takes some imagination, I'm not that advanced yet ;)

Thanks Sheila for challenging us and I'm so glad I was able to join in on this challenge.

3 comments:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Lisa thank you for playing along with this today and making your shape, it looks great and can be turned into a card or even a scrapbook page or anything else you would like. Love it as your design is so versitle. Thanks for sharing with us today.
Oh, Lisa I read your post and I think that is something we need to do.... make a box using just shapes. You are right once you learn that you can do just about anything! Thanks for the great input.... Look for that toward the end of August as I am already working on a few other things. Thanks again for playing along at She's A Sassy Lady.
Sheila

Audrey Frelx said...

Hi, Lisa. You did great! Your "Fall" welded peice looks great!

Simple welded boxes are pretty easy to do too! You just have to visualize the box and use your shapes -- the box bottom, sides, tabs, etc. You'll see once you try it!!!

Lisa said...

Thanks Sheila and Audrey ;)