Thursday, June 14, 2012

What is wrong with this picture/Sheila's Scarecrow Challenge


Hi Everyone,

Please be gentle. WHEW, I must say I am pooped out from this challenge which I ended up failing. So, I will say that I failed the challenge but at least I tried. I'm sorry Sheila :( LOL I tried and tried and tried. I have to say though that I probably could do it if I had the time. I think my mistake is I would need to do everything wider.

I used George and Basic Shapes for the Circle which I ended up making bigger after everything was already cut. The hat was from Everyday Paper Dolls, the hay is cracking me up because I had to use Spongebob for that, I do have Pooh but I couldn't get it to weld right. I had to use a tie and that is also from Spongebob, the sunflower is from Doodlecharms and the leaf is from Create a Critter.

I inked everything and hand drew the face, of course, you can tell that :) I didn't finish the leaf and I wanted to add glossy accents to the eyes but I figured I wouldn't go through all that because it's not right. I'm glad I tried it anyway and it just goes to show you that we should post our mistakes too. I was so proud because when I put everything on my Gypsy and it welded I was so happy that I finally got it, but I didn't get it. Well, Sheila I am going to link this to you anyway just to show you that I did try. LOL

Here is my scarecrow welded and cut out.


Here are all the accessories cut out.


Here is the back of the scarecrow, see I made the circle bigger.




Now, what is wrong with this picture? LOL

1 comment:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

I LOVE IT! I am thrilled that you played along and it is a cute as can be! You made the card which is so important becasue you grew your Gypsy skills and look how you stretched yourself... I thought many of times I was to the breaking point making this card. But we both succeeded and that is what counts! Thank your for sharing and playing along at She's A Sassy Lady!