Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Tent Topper Card

Hi Everyone,

I was watching Mary's video from Cardz TV and she was making a card which is called a tent topper card. I have never heard of this kind of card before. I absolutely love it and it's so easy to make. Whenever I learn something new, I always like to give the proper credit. So, Thank you Mary ;) Since I am making a few cards for some blogging friends who are under the weather, I decided to make this card for one of them.























Isn't it cute? The base of the card is 8 1/2" x 4 1/4" scored at 4 1/4". The mats for the base are 4" x 4" and 3 3/4" x 3 3/4". For the top part, the mats are 3 1/4" x 4 1/4" and 3" x 4". Before you adhere the top part, you measure where to put it so that it is a true A2 size card. Then you embellish as desired. I used the cute butterfly from the Create A Critter cartridge, a cute little Peachy Keen face and the sentiment is from My Pink Stamper's stamps called Buggie Punnies.

I tied a ribbon around the top mat before putting it down and added doodles and some rhinestones. I used dimensionals for the butterfly and the sentiment.

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by. Your comments are very much appreciated.

5 comments:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

What a great little card. Love the design and your butterfly is perfect for it. TFS

Lisa said...

Thanks Sheila :)

Karon said...

Such a fabulous card. What a great idea. TFS

http://karonskraftykorner.blogspot.ca/

Beebeebabs said...

Thanks Lisa - such a cute card!!!

Lisa said...

Thank you ladies :)