Saturday, June 23, 2012

Gypsy Made Simple - A Fun Shape Card for a Friend





















Hi Everyone,

WHEW I hope everyone survived that heat wave. I just about did. It is now cooling off here. I love summer but, I can't handle when it is humid. Some people love that heat but it just takes so much out of me. :)

Well, Sheila asked us to make a Shape card for a friend, Chris from Chatterscene, who has not been feeling well and I wanted to participate so I could contribute in putting a smile on her face and hope that she feels better getting cards from friends who care.

My card is from A Child's Year. I used the shadow feature and cut out the welded shape in black cardstock at 7 1/2". Then I cut the same image, not welded, in pink. I adhered that to the front. I added little twine bows and used stickles for the ice cream cone. (It wasn't dried yet when I took the picture). :)

I will stamp a friendly sentiment inside. I hope Chris is feeling better soon. I know her a little through blogging and she is such a sweet person. Thanks Sheila for having this challenge. It's so nice for us crafters to come together for friends in need.

4 comments:

Beebeebabs said...

Tooooo cute!!!

Karon said...

Such a lovely card. TFS.

http://karonskraftykorner.blogspot.ca/

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Adorable card love the shape! Thanks for playing along and sharing at She's A Sassy Lady today.

Lisa said...

Thanks Ladies ;)