Friday, April 27, 2012

Throwback Thursday - Frame Challenge

Hello Fellow Crafters,





















Emma from My Creative Time is having another Throwback Thursday. I just love Throwback Thursday challenges, especially when I can participate.

For this challenge, Emma is featuring "frames".
You can use any cartridge that has a frame, or if you don't have a cartridge that has frames, you can make your own.

It can be any project of your choice.

I used Kraft cardstock for the base of my card, orange for the mat, green for the first shape and a pretty striped paper for the frame. The silouette was cut out using a cream color.

I used the Wrap It Up cartridge. They had a cute frame that had a cupcake inside of it but I used my Gypsy (she's such a great friend ;), and I hid the cupcake so that just the frame would cut out. Then I cut out the same shape for the background. I cut out the cute silouette of the man and woman sitting at a table.

I used the stamp set You Are Perk-fect from Emma and stamped the sentiment It's a coffee date!. I thought that went just right with the cut. I distressed the edges of the card with an edge distressing tool and added just a touch of brown ink.

Thank you for stopping by. Your visits are very much appreciated. See you soon.

7 comments:

Audrey Frelx said...

Hi, my sweet Lisa!

What a great-great frame you made for the challenge!!! It's already a winner with me, and all the luck on winning (which I very biasly feel you should...lol)!!!

Anyway, glad I got a chance to stop by, and enjoyed your wonderful frame project!

Hugs, and I'll be back!

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

What a GREAT card. Love it, the colors are great and the sentiment is perfect. TFS

Nikki the *scrappinNavyWife* said...

Awww this is super duper cute! thanks so much for playing along with us at MyCreativeTime!

Nikki

Cassandra said...

How cute! Love the colors. Thanks for joining us in the My Creative Time ~ Throwback Thursday Challenge :)

~ Cassandra

Cindy said...

Your card is sooo SWEET!great job with your AWESOME frame,Thanks for joining us at My Creative Time for the Throwback Thursday Challenge!:)

Crafting Katie said...

Oh, how cute is this! I LOVE the shape and patterned paper you used for your frame, and that cut is just darling! Thanks for playing along with My Creative Time's Throwback Thursday Challenge!

Lisa said...

Thank you all for your comments, they mean alot.