Saturday, January 7, 2012

Throwback Thursday Challenge

Hi Everyone,

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday. I hope this New Year brings much Health and Happiness to us all.

Emma is back in the groove after her busy 12 days of Christmas. I'm so glad I had the time to participate in this challenge. This challenge is to create anything with a Sports Theme.

Here is my card. I am so proud of it.




















My son said it looked like a stilletto on a blade. LOL Well, it kind of does. :) I'll have to think of that when I need a high heel shoe.

I got the ice skate from the Christmas cartridge. I cut it at 5". I used my crop a dile and put holes and silver eyelets and laced it up with that beautiful rose colored curly ribbon from Sheila at She's a Sassy Lady :) I cut out the skate again with a patterned paper just for the top. The base of the card started out with a speckled white paper from Paper Trey Ink. I used the Iced Spruce Distress Ink from Tim Holtz and sponged it all over the front.

I used Silver stickles on the blade. I doodled with a fine tip black marker on the skate and the base of the card. I then used dimensionals to pop up the skate. The cute snowflakes and letters are from My Creative Times stamp set Anyday Bingo and Crossword.

I think it came out so cute.

Thanks for stopping by. Hope to see you again real soon. Have a wonderful weekend.

7 comments:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Love - love - love your card and your son's sense of humor... he made me laugh! The ribbon is adorable on this. TFS

Cassandra said...

Wow...how pretty! Love the ribbon for the laces. Nice job! Thanks for joining us in the MCT ~ Throwback Thursday Challenge!

Cassandra

Audrey Frelx said...

Hi, Lisa!!! I love your card, and the skate is really cute!!!

Your son is so funny! Guys, huh?!!! Lol!!! Well, it really looks just like an ice skate to me. Love the ribbon laces!

Hugs, my friend!

Lisa said...

AW Thanks Ladies, yes my son is a comedian ;)

Leanne said...

Hee hee your son sounds like he has my sons sense of humor!!! Love your card and yes I most certainly agree it came out ADORABLE! Love it!! Thanks for playing along with MCT Throwback Thursday challenge! Hugs, Leanne

Scrappin with the bug said...

Very pretty - love that skate. Nice job using the laces to create more texture.

Glora said...

So pretty! You did such a nice job on this ice skate. Hugs- Glora