Friday, November 11, 2011

Throwback Thursday

Hi my Blogger Friends,

Gee, it's been a while since I posted, I've been so busy. I'm so happy I have Friday off because of Veteran's Day. Thank you to all our troops for protecting our country.

Well, it's Throwback Thursday with Emma at My Creative Time. She is asking for us to make a child friendly project. I decided to use A Child's Year, I love this cartridge but I don't use it much, I think that will be changing. I used my Gypsy to weld the shape from the Elegant Edges cartridge to make it a card. The base is Kraft cardstock and the layer is Hawaiian Shores, both from Paper Trey Ink. I inked the edges with Tim Holtz Distress Ink, Tea Dye. The buttons are also from Paper Trey Ink and the twine is from the Twinery. The sentiment is from Emma's stamp set, Follow Your Dreams. I also did some doodling.




















I think it came out cute. I've been visiting alot of blogs and have been trying to comment as much as I can. I am seeing some amazing talent. Thanks for stopping by, see you again soon.

10 comments:

Lori Apgar said...

I love your card!!! ACY is one of my very favorite carts!!! Love the faux stitching!

Lisa said...

Thank you Lori :)

Cassandra said...

What a fun card! Thanks for joining us in the MCT ~ Throwback Thursday Challenge :)

Cassandra

Audrey Frelx said...

Hiya, Lisa! I've been MIA a bit myself -- life turns and we just don't know which way we'll be going... lol!!!

I love that adorable little card!!! You did such a great job on it, and the stitching around the image really makes it stand out!!!

The hula-hoop is funny to me because I love hula-hooping and I have about 4-5 around the house; didn't think it was popular enough to see around -- anywhere - anymore!!! LOL!

Glora said...

Sweet card. I love the twine and stitching. Great job! Hugs- Glora

Lisa said...

Thanks Ladies for your sweet comments. Audrey, you are never too old to hula hoop. I have one, it's a great workout for our bellies ;)

Leanne said...

Love your card Lisa! A Child Years is one of my favorites awesome! Thanks for playing along with MCT Throwback Thursday Challenge! Good luck! Hugs, Leanne

Veronica Kietzman said...

Great card! This really brings me back - I used to hula hoop all the time and even won a contest when I was a little girl!

-Veronica

Lisa said...

OMG Veronica, I feel honored that you are commenting on my card ;) Thank you. Wasn't being a kid fun. We didn't have the toys the kids have now but, we had fun and played all day long.

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Love your card... brings back memories ofwhen I was a child and we played with the hola hoop. TFS
HUGS