Friday, September 2, 2011

Throwback Thursday - Cricutless Challenge















Hi Everyone,

I made this card for Thursday's Throwback with Emma at My Creative Time.

The details for this challenge are:

*** This is a "CRICUTLESS" Challenge! Meaning, you are not allowed to use your cricuts, imagines, e2's or your gypsy girls! Basically, we are taking it back "Old School"! You are totally allowed to use punches &/or your cuttlebug!

Create a CARD using the colors PURPLE, ORANGE, GREEN & BLACK!

The base of my card is orange, I cut a piece of Halloween ribbon, which has all the colors but purple, so I used the scallop and circle dies and cut them out with two shades of purple. I used the All Around Halloween Stamps and stamped the cupcake with the sentiment, It's all about the treats. I doodled white dots around the scallop. I stamped three additional cupcakes and colored them all in the challenge colors. I colored in the candy corn the traditional colors.

I think it came out really cute. Thanks for stopping by. :)




7 comments:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Lisa this is an Adorable card. Love it. I am working on my entry too. I will post mine on Tuesday. It is amazing how attached to the Cricut we have become isn't it?

Lisa said...

Thanks Sheila, can't wait to see what you came up with. Yes, it is amazing how attached we've become to our Cricut and Gypsy ;) I think having stamps makes it easier to make cards. I used to just use paper and embellishments.

Jamie said...

Nice card! I love Emma Halloween set! Good luck!

Jamie
Http://oohlalapaperie.blogspot.com

Audrey Frelx said...

Wow, Lisa!!! Fabulous job without using a cricut!!! Your card is fun and fab!

Lisa said...

Thanks Jamie and Audrey ;)

My Creative Time said...

WOW Miss Lisa, your card came out PERFECT! Thank you for playing along my sweet friend!
Big gypsy hugs,
emma;)

Lisa said...

Thanks Emma, I think I should have done some stitching around the base though. ;)