Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Sheila I DID IT :) My Oval Box



































Hi Everyone,

WHEW, WOW!!!  Sheila from She's A Sassy Lady did a tutorial on how to make an oval opened box that someone else had made. I think these boxes are absolutely adorable. I was having the toughest time. I was saying to myself "out loud", what am I doing wrong, I'm following along step by step. Well, after wasting a couple of pieces of paper, I noticed that my box wasn't completely welded. I couldn't figure out why, everything was highlighted and when I viewed it, some parts were red and some parts were gray, but two of the squares weren't really welded right.

So, after trying and trying and trying, I was very proud of myself because I didn't want to give up, I really wanted to make this one. Of course I missed the deadline to post it but look Sheila, I did it. I noticed after I cut it out, it's not perfect. The tabs could have been a little down more but, I am so happy that I accomplished this. I think I'll play around with it to get it just right. I just tied a bow around it so that I could post it to show you. If I get it right, I might just make these to put little gifts in. :)

It amazes me, and it started out a while ago with Magoo who I deeply miss seeing her creations, COME BACK CRYSTAL :) how you ladies and gentlemen come up with these creations. I know it's imagination and just plain creativity. LOL Anyway, now that I've figured this out, maybe I will try something on my own. UM...we'll see. :)
Thanks for stopping by and Thanks Sheila for your great tutorials.

6 comments:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Lisa it is wonderful!!! Don't you love being able to create these? My first box I had the hardest time with just like you and once I got it down and figured it out there sas just no stopping me from making boxes! I just love giving a little gift and the card and box match! Thanks for playing along at She's A Sassy Lady.

Lisa said...

Thank you Sheila :)

Pat Bowman said...

Great job! It does feel good to accomplish something like this!

Lisa said...

Thanks Pat, yes it does.

Audrey Frelx said...

Lisa, Lisa!!! You know I love boxes!!! This one is just so cute!!! I love it!!!

Lisa said...

Thank you Audrey ;)