Thursday, September 1, 2011

Witches Welcome





















Hi Everyone,

Hope everyone is doing ok after Irene. Thank God we only got wind and rain. We did have some trees damaged in some parts of the city. We were very lucky to have not lost electricity. We inadvertently take things for granted. My thoughts and prayers to those who were not as fortunate.

Well, I am posting these cute Halloween cards that I made for a swap that I am in. If you are a Peachy Keen fan like me, then you know that they started a new blog called the Peachy Keen Connection. It is awesome. One of the oh so talented Peachy Designers, Lorie Souther is hosting a Halloween card swap. For each spot, you make 6 cards, Lorie keeps 1 and passes out the other 5 and you get 5 back.

So I decided to join in on the fun. Of course you have to use Peachy Keen stamps but you can use other things also. I used the cute little Duck from Duck Dolls, PK-266 and the sweet ghost from Halloween Minis PK-631. I also used the scallop and stitched dies and the All Around Halloween stamp set from Emma from My Creative Times. If you don't already know, Emma's stamps are made by Peachy Keen.

I used the Drippy Goo punch on my layer, the fence, witches hat and cauldron are from the Paper Doll Dress Up cartridge. I cut out the candy corn from some designer paper and adhered them onto the cauldron. I added wire for a handle. The spiders on the hat are from Jolee's. I used the C1 gray Copic marker to shade around the ghost and colored the ducks beak and feet with a sparkly orange marker. Of course I had to add rosy cheeks to them also. On the fence, I sponged gray ink then I stitched around the base. I added a layer of confetti white cardstock inside.

Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope you all have a wonderful rest of the week and a great weekend.

4 comments:

Audrey Frelx said...

Hi, Lisa!!! So glad to hear you weren't affected by Irene! Thank God!

Your cards are just adorable!!! Love the spider's web on the first one.

I can never come up with ideas for cute Halloween cards -- I love seeing them and they're always so cute!

Lisa said...

Yes Audrey, Thank God is right. Thank you for the compliment. I had that in mind to make but I search blogs and such for cute ideas. Halloween is kind of tricky to get ideas for me sometimes.

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

These cards are just too cute. Love those little faces from Peachy Keen, it just adds personality to the cards we create. These are adorable! TFS

Lisa said...

Thank you Sheila