Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Forever Young Bag with Matching Cards and Envelopes

Hi Everyone,

I was so honored and thrilled when I was asked by one of my favorite Chicas, Emma, from My Creative Time, to be a guest designer. I am a designer for Sheila from She's a Sassy Lady and I am so happy to be part of a wonderful creative team. I never thought that I would be asked to join a design team, never mind be a guest designer, so I am very humbled.

Emma, you are an inspiration to me and I'm sure to many others. You are so creative and come up with ideas that are unbelievable, not to mention being a gypsy guro ;)

I decided to make this cute graduation purse and matching cards and I hope it makes you proud. I am going to give it to a friend who is graduating this week and her school colors are red and white. It's the same high school I graduated from, OH so many years ago.

I used the Forever Young cartridge and cut the purse that is on page 70. I cut it using the Fit To Page button. The size is 5 1/4". I scored all the score lines. I used my stamp set from My Creative Time (love these stamps) called Follow Your Dreams and stamped around the purse, I used stickles and did some doodling. On the back I added small flowers which I painted white because they were blue and I added red stickles to each center, then I put the bag together. I added a cute bow from graduation ribbon, it's so cute, it's black and white and has caps and diplomas on it.





































The cards fit perfectly in the purse.














For the cards, I started out with 3 pieces of cardstock cut at 3" x 6", folded makes a 3" x 3" card. I cut a mat to go on top which is 2 3/4" x 2 3/4". The envelopes are 7" x 4 1/4", scored at 1" and 4 1/4" width wise on both sides and scored at 1/2" length wise on both sides. I also used Follow Your Dreams on them. I embellished the cards with a flower, button, twine and stickles.

I wrote a litte note in each card.
Here is that cute ribbon.


On the back of each card, I used a special stamp that Emma was sending out to the first 75 people who purchased any stamp set. Two came in the package, the other stamp says Creative Genius. They are so cute and make a nice signature. I put my initials below it.



 
There you have it. I hope you like my project. Thank you so very much Emma for allowing me this wonderful opportunity. I will be forever grateful :)
 

6 comments:

McVic said...

great project~ super cute~!
kacee

Kate said...

Wonderful Projects and Great Job Guest Designing over at My Creative Time.

Kate

Audrey Frelx said...

Lisa, this is so adorable!!! I've got to go pull out my cart again, I forget all the wonderful creations it can do!!!

What a wonderful job you did, my friend!!!

Audrey Frelx said...

P.S. Congrats too on being asked to be a guest designer!!! How fun!

Lisa said...

Thank you ladies for your wonderful comments :)

MyCuriousCrafts said...

Lisa,
How cute...love them. I was struggling with what to do today and you have inspired me, thanks bunches. TFS! ~Shen