Saturday, May 28, 2011

Throwback Thursday with My Creative Time

Hi My Friends,

It's Throwback Thursday time again ;) I just love participating in these challenges when I can.

Here are the details for this challenge:


Use ANY "OLDER" cartridge of YOUR choice & PLEASE incorporate the color GREEN & YELLOW somewhere on any project of your choice!

Link your project up to Mr. Linky, then leave a comment!

Deadline for this challenge will be on Wed, June 8th!

ONE project per person please!

Here is what I came up with.



















I used the Everyday Paper Doll cartridge for the boy, hair, cap, gown, shoes and diploma, all cut at 3 1/2". I used Emma's stamp set Follow Your Dreams. Don't you just love Emma's stamps? I know I do ;) I thought this would be the perfect card to make because my son is graduating from high school on June 1st. and his school colors are green and gold (of course I used yellow). This cute boy wouldn't be complete without using a Peachy Keen face, I used the Everyday Character faces. I attempted to make a tassle out of twine to match the colors, not to bad but I'll have to practice that. I adhered that on with a mini glue dot. I copied the logo from the school's site and printed it out a little larger on cardstock, then cut it out. I inked the edges of the card with green ink and did a little doodling on the cap, gown and diploma.

Thanks for taking the time to stop by. See you again soon.

12 comments:

My Creative Time said...

Lisa! This is SOOOOOO PERFECT!!!! I LOVE it!!!! GREAT job w/the stamp set my sweet friend!!!;)
Big Gypsy Hugs,
Emma;)

Lisa said...

:) Thanks Emma

Kate said...

Great Card Lisa and you did a great job showcasing Emma's beautiful stamps. Thank you for joining us at Emma's Throwback Thursday.

Hugs
Kate

SusanBluerobot said...

this is wonderful

VICTORIA said...

wow great card. Good luck with challenge.
Victoria :)

Lisa said...

Thank you very much ladies.

Cathryn said...

Your little graduate is adorable!!! I LOVE your tassle and of course Emma's stamps look wonderful too! Congratulations on your son's graduation!! Thanks for playing along with Emma's Throwback Thursday Challenge! Hugs, Cathryn :)

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

This is just adorable Lisa. Love the detail. TFS

Audrey Frelx said...

Hi, Lisa! You're grad card is just so adorable!

Beebeebabs said...

This is soooo cute Lisa tfs!!!

Glora said...

This is SO flippin' cute Lisa. Awesome use of Emma's stamps and the twine too! hugs- Glora

Sue said...

This is so cute! I love the colors and images.