Thursday, May 12, 2011

Happy Birthday to you

Hi Everyone,

Today is my friend, Lisa's birthday. She has become an expert in baking and decorating cupcakes ;) I decided to make her this cute cupcake card. I used the Smiley Faces cartridge in my Gypsy and found this cute scallop shape. It is so great because it already comes in the form of the card, you just cut it out and score the top.

The base of the card is Orange Zest from Paper Trey Ink, the pattern paper is from my stash. I used red stickles for the cherry, orange stickles for the little dots and cinnamon stickles for the wrapper. I tied a bow with yellow twine, which is from the Twinery. I did some doodling around the card and the sentiment is two different stamps from My Pink Stamper. I used brown ink to ink around the card, and I popped up the cupcake using dimensionals.

Isn't this just so cute? Thanks for stopping by. See you soon.

3 comments:

LISAMAY said...

Thank you so much for the Birthday Card/Gift, it definitely suits me :) Keep up the Creative Work! You did a GREAT job!

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Adorable card Lisa! I didn't know the smiley card had a scallop card on it..... see that is why I love blogs you learn so much. TFS

Lisa said...

Thank you Ladies ;) Lisa, you are very welcome. I know Sheila, I learn so much from so many creative people. :)