Saturday, April 2, 2011

Throwback Thursday Challenge - Episode 179

Hi Guys,

I hope you are all having a wonderful weekend.

It's that time again for the Throwback Challenge with Emma and guess what? It's Cricut-Less with a Sketch. You can use punches but NO CRICUT, create a card using the sketch provided.














I decided to use my new stamp set from My Creative Time called Fun Borders. LOVE IT. I used the Thank you border, stamped it with my Versamark Watermark Stamp Pad, sprinkled red embossing powder on it and used my heat gun. The end of the stamp has Thanks going vertical but I ended up having to trim it off because it extended the base of my card which I had already folded. I used a Stampin Up border punch for the pattern paper and adhered the border on top.

I also used the Duck Dolls stamp from Peachy Keen Stamps - PK-266. I stamped the image colored it with glitter markers, then punched it out with a circle punch from Stampin Up. I then inked around it. I punched another circle out with pattern paper and set it a little apart and then used dimensionals to pop it up. I used a corner rounder punch to punch the corners of the background mat. The sentiment, THANKS is from the border, I just inked that section, stamped it, filled it in a little with black marker, punched it out with another Stampin Up punch and inked the edges. I finished it up with some doodling.

Thanks for stopping by. See you again soon. 







 

11 comments:

Audrey Frelx said...

Oh, Lisa, it came out just too cute!!! That little chickie is so darn cute whoever gets it will be thanking you!!1

Donna and Sara said...

This turned out wonderful. I just love the embossing and the ribbon too.

Cathryn said...

Really cute, love the stamps! Tfs Cathryn67 :)
inthepinkcathryn.blogspot.com

Lisa said...

Thank you ladies.

Linda said...

Oh sweet card. I love the PK image and the papers you used. Thanks for the sweet comment on my card.

Tisha said...

This is really cute!

TFS!
Tisha
http://tishascraftcove.blogspot.com

Glora said...

Oh this is so cute! I love those duck dolls and you used Emma's border stamps perfectly. Aren't they so fun?!! Great card! Thanks for joining us for Emma's Throwback Thursday Challenge. Hugs- Glora

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

This is just too cute! Love that little duck! tfs

My Creative Time said...

WOW!!!! what a PERFECT PERFECT card!!!! I LOVE EVERYTHING about it!!! GREAT job w/the challenge my sweet friend!
Big Gypsy Hugs,
Emma;)

My Creative Time said...

P.S. THANK YOU for making my stamps looks so PERFECT!!!;)

Lisa said...

Thank you everyone for the sweet comments ;) Emma, it's not hard making your stamps look good :) HUGS to you too.