Thursday, April 21, 2011

Peachy Keen Sketch Challenge #50 with a Twist

Hi Everyone, I hope you are all enjoying your day/night. I can't believe that Easter is Sunday already.
Peachy Keen is celebrating their 50th Challenge so I decided to join in. Here is the sketch, I think this one is really cute.















They would like you to create a card based on the sketch provided and add METALLIC accents somewhere in your project, using paper, glitter, paint, etc. The card must include basic elements and the TWIST from the sketch provided.

Here is my card.....I used metallic gold cardstock and gold ribbon. I used the egg stamp from Peachy Keen, Duck Dolls PK-266. I stamped it on white cardstock and used Tim Holtz distress vintage photo ink then filled it in with a E00 copic marker, I colored the egg with a Y11 copic marker and traced the cracks with a gold marker. I adhered it to the bigger circle which is DCWV the dots, stripes & plaids mat stack which matches the strip across. I spritzed the white flower with gold glimmer mist and added a gold bead. I used the sentiment from My Creative Time's stamp set, Color Me Happy and punched it out with a punch from Stampin Up, I inked the edges and adhered it with dimensionals.

Thanks for stopping by, I appreciate your visits :)

6 comments:

Audrey Frelx said...

Hi, Lisa, my friend!

What a beautiful, glimmery card, and so earthy!!!

I'm not good at coming up with a project from sketches; I can see the sketch but I guess I see it diffently...lol!!! Anyway, yours is perfect; I'd have something that looked absolutely different!!! Great job!

Hug!

Lisa said...

Thank you my friend :) I'm really not a fan of following sketches but this one seemed pretty easy.

Janice W. said...

Lisa you did a nice job with the sketch! I like the gold card base, the gold spritz, and the gold ribbon! Great sentiment stamp too! Thanks for playing and good luck!

Lisa said...

AW, thanks Janice.

Viv said...

You did GOOD Lisa!! I love your clever card.Well, I hope you STAY a fan of sketches Lisa, at least the Peachy Keen ones! lol It's great to have you play along with us. Good luck! Viv xx

Lisa said...

Thanks Viv :)