Saturday, February 12, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day

Hi Everyone,

I hope you are having a wonderful weekend so far.

I know Valentine's Day is Monday, but I just got my Crush Collection paper from Bo Bunny. I have been waiting for it so that I could make these cute pinwheel cards. Aren't they adorable. I love them and they are so easy to make.
















Here is what you need to cut:

1 -  3" x 3" solid cardstock
2 - 2 5/8" x 2 5/8" solid cardstock
8 - 1 1/4" pattern papers (4 of one pattern) (4 of another pattern)


The trick is to line up the two points on a grid so that when you start adding your squares, the pinwheel will come out right.



You can use anything of your choice to adhere the other square on top. I used my tape runner.

 You put a little adhesive on each corner of the 1 1/4" squares and start placing them on the base starting from the left.


On the last square, you tuck it under the first square that you laid down,
and VIOLA, isn't it cute?
Then you can add whatever you want to the middle, as you can see on the first pinwheel I added a self-adhesive glitter heart and on the second one I added a button with twine. You then take the completed pinwheel and attach it to the 3" x 3" square.
My cards are 5 1/2" x 4 1/4".  I used punches from Stampin Up and the sentiment from Peachy Keen. I noticed after my cards were all done that the squares weren't all in the same direction,
:( I wish I would have noticed it sooner, I would have fixed them but you know what, that's ok., or is it?
Come back to visit on Friday, 2/18 to see what I have for my Design with She's a Sassy Lady. Thanks for visiting.

4 comments:

Audrey Frelx said...

Hi, Lisa. Your pinwheel card is so adorable!

Lisa, thank you so much for your condolence on the loss of my nephew. It means so much to me and I appreciate it.

Hugs!

Dina said...

omg! awesome card!!Dina

Lisa said...

AW, thanks gals ;)

Cindy said...

Amazing job on your card.