Tuesday, October 19, 2010

My First Easel Card

Hello My Friends,

I was so excited when I found a tutorial on Splitcoaststampers on how to make an easel card, and just in time too because a friend from work is celebrating her birthday on Thursday. So, let me tell you all about how I made this darling card. I cut the base at 4 1/4" x 8 1/2", then I scored it at 4 1/4" and at 6 3/8". The second score is folded the opposite way. The top and inside cardstock are both 4 1/4". The top 4 1/4" piece of cardstock is adhered to the score folded the opposite way. I used Martha Stewart's punches, a butterfly punch, a picket fence punch and a laurel leaf punch for borders. The leaf border is to stop the card base from closing. The tutorial said you could also use a brad. I cut out some tulips and a ladybug from A Walk In My Garden and did some doodling. The sentiment is from My Pink Stamper's stamp set, Everyday Occasions.



Thank you for stopping by. It's always nice to have company ;)

5 comments:

Audrey Frelx said...

Lisa, your card came out so pretty!

mforquer said...

Lisa - this is amazing for your first easel card! Love those flowers! Great Job!

Lisa said...

Thank you ladies ;)

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Lisa, what a wonderful card. I haven't tried one of these... You did great, and to think it's your first.... I'm impressed!

Sheena said...

So pretty!! I love the colors and those flowers are too cute :)