Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Happy Birthday to

Hi Everyone, did you know it is Sheila's (She's a Sassy Lady) birthday today?      Happy Birthday Sheila :)
This one is for you.

I hope you have a wonderful day. You will be getting something in the mail from me along with this card. I wanted to post it to show that I jumped in and made a window card. I think it came out pretty good. What do you think? I had a little hard time figuring out which cartridges have actual frames and not objects, such as a circle, square, etc., but I'm going to keep practicing. I used Beyond Birthdays for the Happy Birthday and the little flower pot. The frame is from Disney Pooh and Friends. The base of the card was cut out on the purple cardstock, then I cut out the Happy Birthday and the flower pot again with the patterened paper and overlayed it. I added a strip of the patterned paper to the side along with a little bow. I added some stickles to the flowers and adhered a piece of white cardstock to cover the inside window. I think I am going to practice with the Wild Card cartridge, since I know that one has frames. I hope I have made you proud since you are the teacher and I am the student. :) LOL                      Have a wonderful day. I hope you get lots of presents. :)

7 comments:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Oh that is BEAUTIFUL!!!! Look I got flowers! Thanks so much and I love that you tried a window card, how awesome is that! Thanks.

Lisa said...

Thanks Sheila :)

Dana said...

Very nice card. It looks so pretty in purple. Thanks for sharing. (Happy birthday Sheila)

http://iwycd.blogspot.com/

Lisa said...

Thanks Dana.

Beebeebabs said...

Hi Lisa love your card it is soooo pretty thanks for sharing!!!

Sue said...

Wow, I see I have missed a couple of posts! This is a very pretty card. I love the colors and the way you placed the "Happy Birthday" across the window! I bet Sheila loved it!

Lisa said...

Thanks Bee and Sue :)