Friday, August 20, 2010

Love Always

Hi My Friends,

I made this card to send to my Aunt who loves penguins. I wanted her to know that I am thinking of her because with work and everything I do at home, I don't get to visit as often as I would like to.
I used Kraft cardstock from Paper Trey Ink for the base of the card, which is 5 1/2" x 4 1/4". I used the Create a Critter cartridge for the penguin and the igloo, I used a pink brad to attach the pink flower to the white flower. The flower on the head is a little prima, I glued an orange gem to the center. I stickled the beak and feet with orange, added a white ribbon and used a black marker from Stampin Up and a white gel pen for doodling. The sentiment is from My Pink Stamper stamps.

As always, thanks for looking. Have a great day :)

11 comments:

Sue said...

This is beautiful Lisa! I love the color combination and the look and feel it adds to the card. That's an adorable little penguin. Have a great weekend!

Lisa said...

Thank you Sue, you have a wonderful weekend also.

DORCAS said...

This is such a cute card! I love all the details and to colors are great! Super cute penguin!
~Dorcas

Dana said...

Cute card. I think your Aunt will like this card. (I use to collect penguins as a kid). Thanks for sharing.

http://iwycd.blogspot.com/

Lisa said...

Thanks Dorcas and Dana :)

Ladybug said...

Totally cute!! Love it. TFS!! :-)

It didn't take me long to click on "follow me"!! Can't wait to see what else you come up with. :-)

Lisa said...

AW thanks Ladybug, that means alot :)

Viv said...

Such understated cuteness!! Clean and simple and totally gorgeous. Viv xxx

Lisa said...

Thanks Viv :)

Kim H said...

Very cute card! I agree with Viv clean and simple!
tfs
Kim H

xosparklesxo said...

This is so beautiful! I love penguins too, and I bet she'll adore it.