Monday, August 9, 2010

Baby Shower Card

Isn't this the cutest card :) I made it for a family member who just had a baby girl.


I used the onesie from Cricut Sampler, I copied it and flipped it to make a card. The stork and baby are also from Cricut Sampler. I first cut it out on white cardstock (Stampin Up), to make it sturdy, then cut it again on patterned paper, not sure from what company, that's what happens when you separate your paper. I ran the pink ribbon through my Xyron, then cut it to add it around the arms and bottom of the clothing on both the front and back. I colored in the baby and the storks beak and feet with Stampin Up markers. I put white stickles on the stork's wings and tied a bow out of pink embroidery floss, then added little dashes and dots to dress the hat and blanket up. The blanket was a polka dot patterned paper already. I stamped the face of the baby with a Peachy Keen stamp and added white to the eyes with the gel pen.


So Sweet, I think.

Front of the card.

Back of the card.

8 comments:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

This is adorable!!! Love it and is something I will try in the future.

Lisa said...

:) Thanks Sheila

Sue said...

This is absolutely precious! I love it!

Honey B said...

Thanks Lisa for the super sweet CONGRATS...Your card is super cute...what a great idea for a baby shower invite....

Keep Scrappin', Keep Sharin'

SWEET SCRAPPY HUGS
HONEY B

Lisa said...

Thanks Sue, Thanks Honey B, your welcome :)

My Scrap Diary said...

Oh this is soo adorable. Id like to try this one but I dont have anything baby related. So Ill have to improvise.
TFS!!!
Jess M

xosparklesxo said...

So sweet :)

Ive_Boricua_Girl said...

Super cute.. I made a similar card for Momo's challenge.. using the new arrival cart, check it out in my blog..

allaboutmeandmyscrapbook.blogspot.com, i have a blogoversary candy going on head that way and check it out.. 3 years 3 winners...

ivette