Saturday, July 3, 2010

Love Birds

Hi My Friends,

I have been waiting for the Serenade cartridge forever it seems. Well, I finally got it, so I decided to make a card using the bird cage which is 4" x 6" and welded. I used a little rectangle from George and Basic Shapes to put between the weld (I learned that from Emma of My Creative Time), to give it more stability since it was very dainty. I used the Hide Contour feature on the back part of the cage to hide all but two of the bars so that I could put two birds inside which are 2" and welded, so that they look like they are kissing. After all, they are Love Birds. :) I used feathers for their tails and googly eyes. I used the tag punch from Stampin Up to punch a little tag and I hand wrote Love Birds. I also used a border punch, also from Stampin Up. I did some dots and dashes along the bird cage and some dots on the tag. Lastly, I used a pearl which I bought a whole bag of at Walmart, courtesy of Christina from Creations with Christina. I always like to give shout outs to anyone who as "enabled" me with different ideas or products. Thanks for stopping by. Enjoy.

7 comments:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Adorable!!! So you have Chester at you place heh? Now we know how you are! That is a cute card, TFS.

Lisa said...

LOL Thanks Sheila :)

CraftyGirl said...

This is soooo sweet!! I love your little kissy birds!!
barb :)

ChatterScene.com said...

Love it:)

I wanted to invite you to my message board. We have a Paper Crafting area over there and I would love to see more people over there to talk shop with:)
http://www.chatterscene.com
Also Check out my blog:)
http://chatterscene-mom.blogspot.com/

Lisa said...

Thanks Barb ;) ChatterScene.com, thank you, I will check it out.

BeeBeebabs said...

Very cute you did a great job tfs

Lisa said...

Thanks BeeBeebabs :)