Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Hello Card

Hi Everyone, Happy Hump Day. A co-worker retired, lucky her. I had made her a card before she left, but I wanted to send her another card to say hello and to let her know that I was thinking of her. I stamped this cute image, which is a bird with images around it, it's from Stampin Up, it almost looks like a postage stamp. I used Versamark, then used gold embossing powder and my handy, dandy heat gun. I also did the same thing with a flower stamp and used some stickles on each of the flower centers and the petals. I used a butterfly border punch, from Martha Stewart and the punches that punch out, I used to embellish the card so that it looks like each butterfly is flying above each flower. I also used a white gel pen to resemble the flight of the butterfly. The brown paper is from Stampin Up and the flower paper is from DCWV. I used a white ribbon on the border.

Enjoy and Thanks for looking.
Happy Scrapping :)





6 comments:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Lovely card. Would you believe I don't even own a heat gun! This is lovely.

Lisa said...

Thank you Sheila. You don't own a heat gun? Well, you need to get yourself one. LOL :)

xosparklesxo said...

So pretty, and very elegant!

Judy said...

Lisa, I think i'm the retired co-worker you're talking about. I feel honored that you mentioned me in your blog. I received your card today. It's beautiful and you are so thoughtful. I will always remember my days at NBPS and the wonderful people I've met. I am enjoying retirement. Today is a sad day for me. My sister passed away this A.M., but she had a wonderful life and I have many great memories. Take care and God Bless. Love, Judy
Thursday, July 29, 2010 7:15 P.M.

Lisa said...

Thank you xosparklesxo :)

Lisa said...

AW Judy, so glad you found my blog, yes you are the retired co-worker :) I didn't want to mention your name without your permission. So glad you liked the card. Oh my Judy, I am so deeply sorry for the loss of your sister. My thoughts and prayers are with you.