Saturday, May 29, 2010

Little Gift Bags

Happy Saturday. What a gorgeous day here in New England. First off I would like to say THANK YOU to all of you who are following my blog. I am so honored and touched. I am new to blogging and I am so happy to have followers. WOW. I've been trying to welcome each of you as you follow but that is hard to keep track of, so decided to Thank You here. ;)

Now, this is what I was talking about a few posts back. My son is a Junior in High School and he has Early Childhood as his shop. He is very sad because the children that he has this year are graduating preschool next week. He loves them and will miss them dearly and they love him, so, we decided to make each child a little gift bag to remember him by. (9 boys, 8 girls). The bags each have a bottle of bubbles, a little container of play dough and two dum dum lollipops. We didn't want to go overboard, just a little something. I made the boys card a dinosaur and the girls card a ladybug. My son wrote a personal note in each card (the same note for each child), then I put the note inside the bag. I put 1" strips of paper across the staples, so little fingers wouldn't get hurt. I put volcanos on top for the boys and flowers on top for the girls. My son is doing a speech and will pass them out to the children then. I am taking a vacation day that day because my son would like me to attend. I can't wait to see the children's faces.


3 comments:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Lisa these are adorable and I'm sure the children will love their little gifts. What a sweet thing to do.

Lisa said...

Thank you Sheila ;)

Ronda said...

Super cute Lisa. You and Mason are just so sweet!!!